Thursday, July 8, 2010

First turns for the season

So I've made my first turns for the season here at Thredbo, NSW. I'm in Jindabyne for the week for NSWIS athlete induction.

After a long 7-hour drive from Melbourne solo on Monday, Tuesday was jam packed with a medical screening, physio screening, psychology session, gym session, acrobatics and nutrition class. Yesterday I ventured to Thredbo at 6am for a 7am early morning start on snow. Supertrail has a good cover of snow making, so it's perfect for some big, fast GS turns.

I'm here until Saturday, then back to Melbourne. Looks like I'll be spending a bit of time everywhere this season; Hotham, Thredbo, Perisher, and of course Buller.

(Early morning sunrise at Thredbo)

 (Thank God for snowmaking!)

Here are a few shots from the NSWIS athlete induction on Thursday night. This is my second year as an NSWIS scholarship holder, as well as VIS and AIS.



(NSWIS Ski Cross team - Scott, myself and Sami)