Sunday, March 20, 2011

From 52nd to 33rd to 18th in the World...

The 2010/11 winter season has finally come to an end, and what a season it’s been! There have been many highs and lows, new friends, great experiences, and overall an incredible five months.

Today was the last race of the season; World Cup finals in Voss, Norway. I finished in 15th place, making it my 5th top 15 result on World Cup this season, and 9th top 20. Overall I finished in 18th place in the World rankings. Last year I was 33rd, and the year before that 52nd, so it has been quite a massive improvement in two years!

I am now on my way home to Australia. I am looking forward to some warm weather, sleeping in my own bed, and a good coffee! I will be heading straight back to uni, where I’ve already missed the first four weeks of my third year Architecture degree. Hopefully it won’t take too long to catch up!

I’ve put together another video blog from the last part of the season. Click on the below link to view it online!

Katya Crema - Video Blog 4 - End of Season from Katya Crema on Vimeo.

 
Now for a quick summary of the season in a few words…

Best new experience: Backcountry hiking and skiing in Verbier, Switzerland.

Worst experience: The unfair decision to re-run my best race at World Champs.

Favourite ski cross track: Grindelwald, Switzerland.

Best pizza: San Candido, Italy

Favourite new destination: London

Best view: Top of Grindelwald, Switzerland. View of the Eiger and Jungfrau Mountains.

I hope you’ve enjoyed keeping up-to-date with my somewhat crazy and fast-paced life overseas on the World Cup Ski Cross tour.

(Dani (CAN), Ophelie (FRA), Kelsey (CAN) and I - World Cup Finals, Voss)


(Spring in Norway! It still looks like mid-Winter. I can't see the snow going anywhere for a long time!)